Ever So Faithful

"If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it."

I was encouraged by this quote today. So many things seem to be going on in my life, and lately I have been struggling with faith. Faith to know and believe that "God [Himself!] is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." 1 Corinthians 10:13.

Days go by and I find myself wondering about my day-to-day life. It is hard to understand that what I'm going through right now is a part of God's plan for my life. BUT it is!!! If He brings me into a situation, then He will be faithful to bring me through it. But where does my faith play a part in this?

He is Faithful. I am reminded of a story where Jesus is walking on water, and he walks out to His disciples. And they were kinda freaked out about it!

---But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
---"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."


So....here's Peter. He's got enough faith to believe that Jesus is directing this whole "walking on water" thing. And He has faith to believe that He Himself can do what His Master is doing--What the Master is directing. What the Master has planned!

---"Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"
--- Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"
(Matt 14:27-31)

Who does Peter lose faith in?

Not Jesus. Jesus is doing fine.

He loses faith in himself---He becomes afraid--thinking that He can't do what God has asked Him to do. He forgets that when it comes to believing in Christ, Peter can walk on water. He can do what Jesus is doing. He can do what God is directing.

We need to have faith that when God says-- "Come." or "Go." or "Stay." We will have confidence and faith that God is directing our ways. God is never going be less faithful, He will always be there--and He does not disappoint us. But when we begin to lose faith in ourselves, thinking: "I can't do that!", not only do we lose faith in ourselves, but we are just saying that God is not sovereign in His character. We aren't trusting His character, design, and plan!

We need to recognize....I need to recognize--That when God brings me to it, He will most definitely bring me through it! Faith

0 thoughtful responses: