Forever

"God has been faithful. He will be again. His love & compassion? It has no end." –Sara Groves

It's so crazy that one minute you can be laughing and praising God, and then the next minute you feel so pressured by different worries in your life! It's funny –cuz I'm never worried or upset about anything in life. Except money. Because I never really have any.

I've been giving plasma now since January, which brings in a nice profit to use for gas. And I occasionally like to buy Kelly & others something special. Trips to Wausau are expensive, so gas money is needed for my classes. Well, I had 6 plasma dates set up for the rest of May, which would put me at having about $120 for gas and end-of-the-year gifts. All set and ready, I made sure I had tithed and even gave a little extra toward camp ministry. I felt financially secure. That was Tuesday.

Wednesday I went to give plasma. What happens? I get deferred. Never again will I be able to give plasma or blood. I'm 18 years old and I'm off the list FOREVER. That's a hard word to grasp until something that big comes up. FOREVER.

I was ready to cry Wednesday night. Crying. And I wasn't crying because I was out of money. I cried because of that word. Forever. I have sooo many more years ahead of me, but now I'll never be able to give plasma. Gone forever.

I got to thinking Thursday morning. Our name is written on another list forever. A heavenly list. If we make a choice to follow Him, God has written our names in the Book of Life. FOREVER. And funny as it is, the word "forever" isn't hitting me as hard as the giving blood thing. God & Forever? That's still AMAZING though. Forever. And now this made me cry in happiness. A beautiful forever.

Tonight has been a little tougher for me. I'm beginning to realize I want money for a few friends' weddings and I need to make 2 trips to Wausau before I leave GB and the church I attend is about a 30 minute drive there & back. (I think?) Thanks Trucky for your lack of gas milage.
And I'm out of my interpreting job this summer. Just camp. But that will be MORE than worth it.

Best part about it all? God has been faithful in the past. He has ALWAYS provided. He will again. He will again & again & again. Praise God.

So God? What's next in this step of faith?

0 thoughtful responses: