God's Control

"If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was and always will be yours. If it never returns, it never was yours."

Maybe this is more of a secular statement, but I find it applying to so much in my life. There is always something we are holding onto. (Whether we admit it or not is a different story...) but there is always a time when we need to just let it go, and allow ourselves to be free of it. Maybe you have heard the verse in Matthew 11 which states

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

But you know, maybe this quote isn't just about the troubles in our lives. It's about the things we love. Sometimes it's easy to say to God, Hey! I give it up, I don't want this anymore. The hard part comes when it's something we LOVE that we don't want to give up.

I have experienced this so many times. There is a lot in my life that I want to hold onto...that I don't want to give up. But I find that when I offer my entire life to God, he blesses it. He chooses what to give, and He chooses what to take away. I need to set it free. He needs to control it. And if what I love comes back to me, it is mine. If it never does...well, I guess it's all in God's hands.

0 thoughtful responses: